We are delighted that January sees the return of our Charity Ale – Tobi’s Tipple – and this year there’s not just one ale but two!
Each year the charity ale raises much needed awareness for testicular cancer and the work of Norfolk cancer charity It’s On The Ball. It also allows us to support pubs in the quieter winter times when they need support as well.
In recent years we have had Tobi’s Tipple – Fred’s Check named after Fred who very sadly died from the disease and also Tobi’s Tipple Golden Balls. Fred’s Check related to his love of checked shirts but also the importance of checking your nuts! That’s what we need the names to do – get people thinking of nuts and the importance of regular checks.
This year we see the return of Get Checking and Keep Checking – one for each ball I suppose you could say.
GET CHECKING will launch the campaign – a light amber ale which uses a British hop – the very fruity Harlequin hop which will be followed by a golden ale KEEP CHECKING which uses American hops including Simcoe for a citrus hit.
The hope is that the beers will get people talking – it’s more about raising awareness than anything else, what’s important is to get people chatting about the message which It’s On the Ball promotes – awareness of testicular cancer which you may be surprised to hear is actually the most common form of cancer among young men. So, as you see it may be a fun logo and name, but it’s a serious message.
The beers will be ready for delivery into pubs week commencing 2 January and will be available for the whole month.
You see by getting people talking about testicular cancer we can spot symptoms early and 98% can be cured! Well, that’s worth raising a glass to isn’t it?
We think that the team deserve all the support Norfolk can give them – so come on Norfolk check their website out: It’s On the Ball and follow on Twitter: @itsontheball
And there’s more…
David fresh from his Beer Push fundraiser to London will launch his next challenge..
So, in October 2023 he will be back on the road – but this time starting in Norfolk as he attempts to push 75kg over 7 marathon distances in 7 consecutive days.
Might you be able to be able to join in the fun…?
As we tour around Norfolk between Sunday 1st – Saturday 7th October we are looking for a pub or venue to be the team for each day. It could also be a school, village hall – we just need people who will get behind us.
What that would involve is:
Host a ticketed charity event in the evening –
- eg., Beer, balti and brains – food and quiz night – well do the fun quiz you just cook the food and get the beer in.
- Themed food night
- Music night
- Comedy night
- In fact, anything that can fill your pub with fun and laughter but also allow us to spread the message about testicular cancer and It’s on the Ball.
Promote the Beer Push via poster and collection tin – from January
- Help us to raise awareness and build towards the Oct event
Become a team on our Just Giving page
- Just Giving allows us to attach fundraising teams to my main fundraising page
- We will have 7 teams – 1 for each day
- Each team can then have their own fundraising – mainly from the night event in October but could do events or encourage donations throughout the year.
- The team would carry your name – Team (Pub) Beer Push
Promote your day – and indeed join us – when I am pushing in name of your team
- You or your locals don’t have to join me for the full marathon but you or your regulars could join for part of the route. (We have a shuttle service to run you to and from points so you don’t get stuck!)
- You could join us in other ways – so do the marathon in fancy dress, on a bike, on a unicycle – whatever to help make the day fun.
- Or – you could all just watch me do it – there’s no requirement to join me!
Does that sound like something you would like to get involved with.
Then do please get in touch with me 01328 878 495 or email@example.com
Let’s have fun saving lives together!
BTW you can also donate to help me along. Donate here