The Norfolk Brewhouse – home of Moon Gazer ales and craft lagers StubbleStag and DewHopper – has an exciting opportunity to join our small and dedicated team on the brewing side.
Started by husband and wife Rachel and David Holliday three years ago, the brewery has steadily built a reputation for quality, service and innovation across its range of cask, keg and bottled beers and lagers.
A high-spec 10 barrel micro-brewery (including uni-tanks, in-house filtration and kegging facilities) awaits the right person to help the team build on its successes to date as we extend our customer base with our existing portfolio of beers as well introducing new beers and seasonal specials. Cask is our core, but craft keg is set to play an increasing part in our portfolio.
What are we looking for?
What’s most important to us is finding the right person. You may be a fully experienced brewer who is seeking a new challenge, or looking to work in a stunning office we call North Norfolk. As such you may relish the challenge of introducing new beers and growing the keg side of the brewery, able to take a hands-on roll from the start and become a key part of the team.
Or you may be just starting out, with a passion for beer expressed only so far in some serious home brew or as a trainee/assistant in a commercial brewery and be looking for that next step and opportunity to work alongside our head brewer as you develop into the role.
One thing is for sure – you will be more focused on taste and quality than definitions or tags, and be prepared to do all of the tasks which come in working as part of a small brewery team.
So what do we want in our team member?
First and foremost someone who is passionate about beer, quality and consistency – someone who shares our view that beer should do one simple thing – bring happiness to those who drink it. We also want someone who appreciates the maxim that you are only as good as your last pint – and that all customers are created equal.
As such the successful candidate will be involved in and responsible for:
– All aspects of brewing from recipe development to brewing.
– Packaging, including cask washing/filling, filtration and kegging.
– Administration, including stock ordering/control, record keeping, quality management and Food Safety Management System HACCP.
– Maintenance of the brewhouse and ensuring the highest standards of cleanliness.
– Stepping in any areas necessary to help the brewhouse run smoothly.
– Assisting with the occasional delivery if and when required would also be an advantage.
To achieve this we know you will need:
– A passion for beer and an excellent theoretical understanding of brewing ( or be excited about the idea of adding to your knowledge).
– To be a team player with strong organisational and communication skills
– A deep seated interest in creating high-quality
– To be practically minded – brewers can often find themselves fixing the strangest things at the most inconvenient of times – you need to think fast and be a problem solver.
In return we offer the chance to be part of a team who will continue its steady growth – we aren’t going to do it as fast as some – we’d rather get there in one piece, with the right team and be in it for the long term. As such we think that this is a great opportunity for the right person to be able to help shape their own future and the future of Norfolk Brewhouse.
Pay and package dependent on experience.
In the first instance please contact us by post only – ensuring that you include a covering letter with your CV, current salary and a bit about what you think you could bring to the Norfolk Brewhouse and Moon Gazer – oh and let us know, what is your favourite beer and why?
Send applications to: David Holliday, The Norfolk Brewhouse, Moon Gazer Barn, Harvest Lane, Hindringham, Norfolk NR21 0PW
Closing date: Friday 14 August 2015
We look forward to hearing from you.
Facebook: Norfolk Brewhouse